CSU is dedicated to supporting instructors with Canvas. Faculty can use online guides and videos, hands-on workshops and 1:1 support from CSU’s Canvas Team.
Key Canvas items for instructors:
- Instructors may choose to use Canvas for online teaching – it is optional at CSU.
- Instructors can use Canvas to supplement face-to-face classes, or teach fully online.
- Course Preparation – course creation and life cycle
- Enrollment and Access – cross-listing, course dates, roles and permissions, drops, publishing
- Course Content – pages, modules, files, videos, conferences, accessibility
- Grades and Assessments – assignments, quizzes, iClicker, anti-plagiarism, early performance feedback, final grades
- Canvas Guides – videos, encyclopedia of instructor guides, and accessibility improvements
Additional resources and support:
- CSU Library Resources – e-Reserve, research guides, copyright, research help, and 24/7 support
- Training and Handouts – workshops, customized training, online orientation course, and training handouts
- External Tools – 3rd party tools add content and functionality to Canvas
- Instructor Support – from the Canvas Info Center, CSU Canvas coordinators, or vendors
- Student Athlete Support Services – PILOT Spring 2020 – Student-Athlete Support Services uses Canvas Observer Role for Academic Success