CSU E-mail Accounts
In Canvas, every CSU user starts by default with an Office 365 first.last email address. You do not need to add it to Canvas.
Email is delivered as:
- firstname.lastname@example.org = email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org = email@example.com
For more information on email accounts, please see CSU’s Email Accounts webpage.
Add Another E-mail Address
By default, your CSU email is set to receive Canvas notifications. Users are able to add additional email addresses to receive notifications.
- Note – You must leave your CSU email address as the default to preserve your integrations with external tools.
Check Canvas E-mail
In Canvas, to view your Messages/Conversations, click the Inbox icon in the left navigation bar.
Set Notification Preferences in Canvas
Each user is able to set notifications for due dates, announcements, course content, grades, etc. as well as the frequency of these notifications.
- Video (all users): Notification Preferences
- Students: How set my Canvas notification preferences?
- Instructors: How set my Canvas notification preferences?
Note – If you aren’t seeing Canvas messages after following the steps above, check your Email Spam/Junk folder.