Set your notification preferences in Canvas
What notifications do you want? Your choice: set notifications for due dates, announcements, course content, grades, etc.
Text notifications: As of December 19, 2020, Canvas SMS text notifications are limited to Announcements and Grading only. All other types of Canvas SMS text notifications are disabled. Notifications will continue to be sent via email and the Canvas mobile apps.
For the most reliable, consistent, and cost-effective notification services, please use either email notifications or the Canvas Mobile apps
Multiple email addresses:
- By default your CSU email is set to receive some notifications.
- You can add other email addresses, too.
- Note: Leave CSU email as default to preserve your integrations with external tools.
Frequency – how often do you want notifications? Configure notifications to send immediately, daily, weekly, or not at all.
Which notifications do you want, where? You can set notifications differently for your devices, and for each email address.
How to set your notifications?
- Video (all users): Notification Preferences
- Students: How set my Canvas notification preferences?
- Instructors: How set my Canvas notification preferences?
How to add text notifications in Canvas?