Since Canvas works in a web browser, many issues (slow? button not working? etc.) can be resolved by looking at the web browser software being used:
A few more things to try
- Refresh your browser screen – press F5, or click the Refresh button.
- Clear the cache of a single page:
- In Mozilla Firefox, press Ctrl-Shift-R, or press Ctrl-F5 (hold down the Ctrl key and click F5).
- In Google Chrome, press Ctrl-Shift-R, or hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click the Refresh button.
- Make sure your Antivirus is up-to-date
- The CSU Computer Repair Center offers diagnostic and repair services.
- Turn off pop-up blockers, or add an exception to the lists in your browsers and toolbars.
- Computers may have more than one pop-up blockers: one in the browser and another in a search toolbar such as Google or Yahoo.
- Restart your router.
- Sometimes additional software is needed to view and listen to content in Canvas. Here are the most common plug-ins; they are free. Check with your instructor to see which they recommend.