Troubleshooting – Many browser issues can be resolved with these steps:
- Clear the browser cache/history
- Try a different browser (Firefox or Chrome).
- Use this direct link //canvas.colostate.edu. Bookmark this page.
- Close your browser entirely and try the direct link again.
- Restart your computer.
- Try another computer.
- The Canvas browser guide
A few more things to try:
- Refresh your browser screen – press F5, or click the Refresh button.
- Clear the cache of a single page:
- In Mozilla Firefox, press Ctrl-Shift-R, or press Ctrl-F5 (hold down the Ctrl key and click F5).
- In Google Chrome, press Ctrl-Shift-R, or hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click the Refresh button.
- Antivirus up-to-date? Viruses or malware can cause trouble.
- The CSU Computer Repair Center offers diagnostic and repair services.
- Pop-Up Blockers – Turn off pop-up blockers, or add an exception to the lists in your browsers and toolbars. (Often computers have two or more pop-up blockers: one in the browser and another in a search toolbar like Google or Yahoo.)
- Browser Plugins – Sometimes additional software is needed to view and listen to content in Canvas. Here are the most common plug-ins; they are free. Check with your instructor to see which they recommend.