Instructors can make Office 365 OneDrive available on a Canvas course menu. And can use Office 365 Collaborations in Canvas.
- Click Office 365 on left course menu.
- When prompted for Office 365 email address use your eID in the format of email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your eID password.
- Both instructors and instructors can create collaborations.
- A student must be the one to create a collaboration if the document is to be submitted to a Canvas assignment.
- Under Start New Collaboration use drop down menu to select Office 365.
- Select Type: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Add users on the left to the Collaborators on the right.
- Can add Canvas groups to collaborations.
- Course instructor(s) automatically added to every course collaboration.
Collaborating on a Document
When collaborating with others in Office 365, use the Edit in Browser option. If a user selects Edit in Desktop App, only that user will be able to work on the document.
- Open a document for collaboration.
- Top right click Editing
- Select “Edit in Browser” so ALL collaborators can work in real time to edit document.
- Participants will see who is working on the document and can chat with each other.