The options below are recommended for uploading or recording audio/video for a Canvas course.
For up to date recommendations for spring 2020 please see the Keep Teaching page.
Audio/Video Files Under 500mb
Use the Canvas Rich Content Editor to record or upload videos into Canvas.
- The rich content editor is available in Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, Pages, Quizzes, Syllabus, and even in SpeedGrader for comments on students’ assignments.
- Files are stored behind-the-scenes on the Canvas video server, and do not count toward course quota.
- Upload a video in the Rick Content Editor
- Record a video in the Rich Content Editor
Audio/Video Files Over 500mb
- Add the link to Canvas module or page
- Use for videos requiring copyright protection, or using interactive media such as a narrated slideshow with a clickable Table of Contents, embedded quiz questions, or interactive elements that require students to make a choice that affects how the lesson proceeds.