Instructors have these options to upload or record videos/audio files:
Video/Audio files up to 500 MB
- Canvas built-in video tool in the Rich Content Editor. Fast & easy.
- Rich content editor is available in Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, Pages, Quizzes, Syllabus, and even in SpeedGrader with your comments on students’ assignments.
- Canvas is optimized to deliver video content so your Canvas courses maintain performance.
- Files are stored behind-the-scene on the Canvas video server, and do not count toward course quota.
Steps to record or upload videos/audio files in the Rich Content Editor:
- In the Canvas tool, open the Rich Content Editor.
- Click “Record/Upload Media” icon.
- Choose Record or Upload.
- To record, enter a title and follow the prompts.
- To upload, select Audio or Video, and navigate to your file, select and save.
Video/Audio files over 500 MB
- CSU’s Echo360 server
- add the link to your Canvas module or page
- Use for videos requiring copyright protection, or using interactive media such as a narrated slideshow with a clickable Table of Contents, embedded quiz questions, or interactive elements that require students to make a choice that affects how the lesson proceeds.
- YouSeeU. For sharing videos that can be viewed or downloaded, recording videos by students or instructors, recording real-time online meetings, and more.