Extended Course Access
How teachers can provide extended course access to students:
- To extend the dates for ALL students
- Note: Students will not have access to the course after the end date; please select a date that lets students take final exams and see final grades.
- Change the dates on the course, make sure the participation box is checked, and click update.
- To extend the dates for a FEW students
- Create a new section (can call it “For Incompletes” or “Extended Section”)
- Enter the extended dates
- Leave students enrolled in their original section, and add them to the new section, too:
- Enroll several students at once: From +People, enter a list of eIDs, and select the new section.
- Enroll one student at a time: From People, select the individual student, use the settings icon
+People button is not active? The course’s end date has passed
If so, to enroll people, do this:
- Go into your course’s Settings.
- Make a note of the current End Date.
- Temporarily change the End Date to a future date.
- Click “Update Course”.
The +People button is active again for you. (And ALL students see the course link.)
- Enroll as you need.
- Then repeat the steps above, entering the old End date, and click the “Update Course” button.
- Now once more your course link is not visible to all students.