Course Template For Consistent Design
Students often express:
“I wish my Canvas courses were more consistent. It’s hard to find the content I need.”
With the use of this customizable template, instructors can use the recommended course design framework in their new, BLANK, face to face Canvas course to present their content and assignments to students.
- Review course preparation checklist
- View sample template course
- Download template
- Import into your BLANK Canvas course.
- Template not right for your course? Request Reset.
- Raise Your Canvas Teaching Skills
This template is a framework for organizing materials in your Canvas course. Once you copy the template into your BLANK Canvas course, you can customize it as you wish, and add your content.
The template includes:
- a customizable syllabus
- a modules structure to sub-divide your content by week or topic
- suggested components for each module
- links for students to CSU and Canvas support, academic integrity guidelines, library resources, and more
Because these items are already framed into the template, you can focus on adding your content.
View a sample course which uses this template.
Students frequently ask for consistent organization and navigation :
- students quickly find course content, which reduces questions about finding materials
- instructors quickly and easily maintain courses in Canvas.
Tried the template and don’t like the results? Request a reset to remove the template and ALL content so you can start again from a blank course shell.
- Email us at CanvasHelp@colostate.edu
- Include “Reset” in the subject, and
- Copy/paste the course number from Canvas into your message.