Remove Unneeded Courses
Instructors, you can remove yourself from unneeded courses, such as unused, unpublished courses from current or past semesters. (Courses from current semesters can be removed 3 weeks after the start of the term.)
- In Canvas, click the Courses menu, and click “Remove me from unneeded courses”.
- A list of your unpublished and migrated courses is displayed.
- If you have more than 10 courses, type part of a course name and click Search to filter by a course name or semester. For example, 2014SP would only display Spring 2014 courses.
- Check the courses from which you want to be unenrolled.
- Keep courses that have content you want to copy to a future course.
- Do NOT select courses with student activity.
- Courses with student grades cannot be unpublished.
- Click the “Unenroll” button at the bottom. You will be immediately unenrolled from these courses.
- Click Return to Canvas.
- From the Courses menu, select View All or Customize to display an updated list of your courses. (Unenrolled courses might still appear in the Canvas interface for a short time.)