Publish Course and Adjust Start Date
Instructors, when your Canvas course is ready for students, “Publish” it. (On course home page, at top right, click the Publish button.)
- Publish enables the course to open for students on the course start date.
- Default course start dates are the Friday before the semester begins.
- Summer is treated as one big semester.
- Unpublished courses never open for students.
- Instructors, to adjust a course start date, do either:
- wait and publish on your chosen date, or
- edit the start date:
- Course > Settings > Course Details tab > Start/End dates > Update Course Details (Save).