Please follow the steps below to move your RI course material to Canvas. Keep it Simple.
- Many students cannot attend live online lectures for health and family reasons; some have limited internet service.
- Please post learning materials for asynchronous delivery.
- Record and share lecture videos (preferably 10 min or less, one concept at a time).
- Use discussions, practice, or low-stakes quizzes to engage students. Replace traditional high-stakes exams with alternative assessments that build skills and measure proficiency.
- Use consistent weekly due dates/times on assignments and provide reminders.
- Let students know you are available via email, discussions, or virtual office hours
- For essential quizzing with secure monitoring, use the Canvas Quiz tool and Respondus’ Monitor
- Academic integrity in online courses
- Suggested syllabus language on recording course materials