iClicker Instructor FAQ
Student roster does not sync all registered students
- Make sure the iClicker version is at least the minimum recommended version.
- If the roster still won’t sync after updating or with a new software download, perform a clean iClicker sync.
I get an Internet connection is interrupted error, what is causing this?
The Internet connection is interrupted error message typically means there is a discrepancy between the roster in the iClicker gradebook and the Canvas gradebook. Sync the iClicker gradebook to update the roster and then try to sync the scores again.
One of my students cannot see their iClicker scores, what could be causing this?
- The student has not registered their iClicker in Canvas.
- Each student must register their iClicker in Canvas, a one time registration, to receive scores.
- If a student has registered their iClicker in Canvas, but their name appears in red in the iClicker software, the Instructor will have to re-sync the iClicker roster by clicking on the Sync Roster button within the iClicker gradebook. After the roster is updated, sync the iClicker scores with Canvas by clicking on the Sync Scores button.
A student contacted me saying they don’t have scores for some of the iClicker sessions prior to them registering their iClicker. How can I get that student their scores?
If a student registered their iClicker after a session was uploaded into Canvas, the iClicker roster will need to be re-synced within the iClicker gradebook by clicking on the Sync Roster button. After the roster has been updated, click on the Sync Scores button in the iClicker gradebook to re-uploaded the scores into Canvas for the session(s).
Note: If the iClicker session scores are being synced into a single total (aggregate) column within Canvas, make sure all iClicker sessions are selected in the iClicker software prior to syncing the scores into Canvas.
What options do I have for uploading my iClicker scores?
There are several options when syncing scores from iClicker to Canvas.
- Scores can be uploaded as each individual iClicker session
- Scores can be uploaded as one single column with the total (aggregate) points
- Points can be calculated as performance and participation points combined into a single column
- Points can be calculated as performance points and participation points separated into their own columns
- Points can be uploaded as performance points in a single column
- Points can be uploaded as participation points in a single column
For more information on syncing scores, reference the Upload iClicker points into Canvas on the Using iClickers at CSU page.
I have a course with multiple sections and every time I upload scores, students in the other section(s) receive a zero.
By default, the iClicker software will upload a zero for anyone who doesn’t use their iClicker in a session. If there are multiple sections in a course, please contact us at CanvasHelp@colostate.edu and we will help you set up a work around so that students do not receive a zero every time new session information is uploaded into Canvas.
Can iClicker points be used as Extra Credit within Canvas?
There are a few options on how to set up iClicker points as Extra Credit. Options will vary depending on how Instructors want to display these points in Canvas.
Please contact us at CanvasHelp@colostate.edu with questions on Extra Credit with iClicker points in Canvas.