Have an idea how to improve Canvas? Want to have a voice in the newest ideas? All Canvas users can search, submit ideas and vote.
Here’s how the Canvas Community Feature Ideas process works.
Step 1: Log in
- First, log in to the Colorado State University Canvas system.
- Click on the “Help” link at the top right of the Canvas screen, (next to Logout).
- Select “Submit a Feature Idea” from the Help popup box.
- Once logged into the Canvas Community, you will see your name or avatar at the top of the screen, and can customize your personal settings from the dropdown.
Step 2: Search to see if your idea is already there
Step 3: Submit, follow, vote
- If you have a new idea, Share/submit your idea, and follow it.
- Tips for writing a good feature idea
- Vote on your idea, and get others to vote, too.
Step 4: The Canvas Product team considers the top voted ideas
The team and uses this development process:
- Gathers info for how users need it to work.
- Develops the idea so it works with other Canvas features.
- Deploys completed ideas to Canvas so all can benefit.
Thank you for speaking up and helping make Canvas better for everyone.